Julie O’Malley ~ Valley Village, CA
The Finder of Impossible Things
Vast experience in entertainment production procedures and all related equipment; including parts, consumables, special effects, LED & moving lights, sound equipment, rigging gear, production supplies, grip equipment, props, custom items. Can facilitate and triangulate a shipment of fog juice to a moving concert tour without breaking a sweat — while simultaneously managing office and janitorial supplies for warehouse & office staff of 200+ people, obtaining obsolete Wybron scroller parts for Disneyland Tech Services, maintaining the Rosco and Lee gel inventory for more than 30 different ongoing productions, and ordering a custom gobo for the Oscar’s green room the day before the event.
· Unique talent for sourcing special order items and obsolete parts
· Manage inventory, stock and reorder levels
· Excellent communication and negotiating skills
· Extremely accurate paperwork and accounting – AP professionals love me
· Extensive knowledge of and experience with ERP/MRP Software systems and programs including both PC and Mac hardware, fluency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Publisher, Norton Utilities, PCAnywhere, Oracle, Salesforce, and more.
· Accomplished Musician, Singer and voiceover talent – House Pianist at Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel 1988-1991
· Executive Producer of 1996 Album “Gas-Mask” by the Sundowners – still in European Rotation
· Credited Producer of “Only In L.A.”, Independent Feature Length Film by NurNur Cummings – 1996
· Mentorship / Interns – Production Resource Group Intern Program 2012-2013
Specialities: Highly experienced in sourcing unconventional items. Constantly seeks ways to minimize expenses.
Named “Finder of Impossible Things” by colleagues and associates.
* Also an excellent bartender
Freelance Purchasing Consultant / Film & TV
April 2021 – Present
Purchasing and/or researching filming gear of all types (equipment, props, parts, scenic, expendables, etc.), negotiate pricing structures, discounts. Advise clients on industry standards, list / cost comparison, sourcing of non-standard items or special orders.
Freelance Video Editor
June 2020 – Current
Editing and enhancing Zoom meetings for public viewing. San Diego ComicCon, BlogtorWho, YouTube. (See link for sample – https://youtu.be/kBmDDdxTXOU)
May 2020 – Current
Freelance transcribing audio or video files for closed captioning.
Marketing Copywriter / Proofreader (Freelance)
July 2020 – December 2020
Freelance copy writing and proofreading; marketing, press releases, web content, email marketing, ezine articles, blogs.
General Manager of Operations
January 2019 – March 2020 (COVID)
Motion Pictures and Film
*Note: Terminated in March 2020 in response to COVID-19
Manage daily Los Angeles operation of film & TV rental house / manufacturing company. Optimize site processes to ensure high team performance. Mentor junior team members to define functions and improve overall team performance. Work with team members to increase individual performance and set realistic improvement goals. Determine areas of operational improvement for cost control and initiate changes. Manage industry contacts and coordinate trade shows to maintain knowledge and network. Produce quotes, manage pricing negotiations and billing schedules with high-profile film and TV clients.
- Cost Control
- Process optimization
- Strategic Planning
- Inventory Management
- Quality assurance
- Payroll and AR management
Senior Purchasing Manager
December 2003 – November 2018
Broadcasting, Stage, Concert Touring and Film
Responsible for purchasing and procurement of any and all parts, supplies, Capital Expenditures, and resale stock, as well as executive travel arrangements. Also sales and parts inventory management, budgeting of expenses. Additional tasks include scheduling, delivery & accounting of film, television, concert and event lighting, audio services, trucking and shipping, rental inventory control and management, client services and pricing.
- Client contact and quoting
- Contract Negotiations
- Client Billing and Follow-up
- Inventory tracking and management
- Sales and Account services Coordination
- Logistics and Transportation
- Quality Control Management and Training
Production Manager – Television Production
June 2003 – November 2003
Responsible for all logistical aspects of documentary-style shoots on five HD-TV series simultaneously. Arranged all camera rentals, domestic and international shipping, executive travel arrangements, domestic and international camera crew hire. Also managed production budgets, all production costs, internet research on subject matter and sporting events worldwide.
- “Big Air” (Parachuting)
- “Boing” (Bungee Jumping)
- “Face Time” (Rock Climbing)
- “Rooster Tail” (Water Skiing and Wakeboarding sports)
- “Play: 16×9” (International sporting competitions / Cultural documentary)
Senior Rental Coordinator / Manager of Grip & Set Lighting
June 1995 – May 2003
Responsible for scheduling, delivery & accounting of all film equipment used in all productions shot on the Hollywood &/or Manhattan Beach facilities, as well as location shoots and off-lot rentals.
- Inventory & Subrental Tracking of all film related equipment
- Invoicing, Accounts Payable & Receivable as well as general accounting support
- Expendables & Rental Equipment Purchasing
- HITS (Hollywood Inventory Tracking System) Maintenance, Training & Consultation
- Stage Leasing Department support and Scheduling
- RentalPoint system operator and troubleshooting.
Rental Office Operations Controller
August 1991 – September 1994
Responsible for supervision of all equipment rentals from a primary film industry supplier Duties Included: · Preparation of Contracts, Invoices and Purchase Orders including General Accounting Support · Tracking of all subrentals, Inventory Control and bar-coding
- HITS System Training, Troubleshooting, Analysis, and Maintenance
Interlok Recording Studios Hollywood
Office Administrator / Foley Artist / Sound Effects Technician
May 1989 – November 1992
Responsible for general office administration, studio scheduling, sound effects library maintenance, tape master library management.
- Also served as a freelance foley and sound effects artist, recordist.
Expendables Department Manager
February 1989 – August 1991
Responsible for resale expendable department for film studio and all production services Duties Included:
- Sourcing and purchasing of resale inventory, management of related purchase orders and invoices
- Preparation of Contracts, Invoices and Purchase Orders
- Direct point of contact for all productions shooting at studio; delivery to stage or location shooting, billing, pricing negotiations.
~ Additional Listings and Salary History available upon request
REFERENCES: (all contact info available upon request)